Sunday, September 14, 2008

KidSongs

When I was pregnant with Ethan, my oldest, I had a friend who told me she had a "song" for each one of her children. These songs were contemporary songs played on the radio. So, with each of my children, I've found that I have "songs" for them. They are songs that for some reason or another remind me of that child.

I have finally added a music playlist to my blog. Four of these songs represent my four kids. "Forever Young" is Ethan's song. While I was still in the hospital after his birth, I saw the Pampers commercial with the baby animals on it and it played a section of this song. I never paid attention to the words in this song until that moment. Those words were exactly what I was feeling for my newborn. I love the line, "Whatever road you choose {CTR!!!!}, I'm right behind you, win or lose." Ethan's personality reminds me so much of the little tiger cubs in that commercial.

Gavin's song is "A New Day has Come" by Celine Dion. She wrote this song for her newborn son. The song began playing on the radio during my pregnancy with Gavin. We were preparing for a big move at the time also. I remember driving home from the airport to get Rob and this song came on the radio, reminding me of all the changes happening to our family and the most exciting thing was that we were going to have a baby boy.

Lindsey's song is "You're Beautiful." Rob, unknowingly, picked this song for Lindsey. It too became popular just as I found out we were having our first, and so far, only baby girl! Rob LOVES this song, along with several other songs by the same artist. On some of those rough nights, I often watched him rock Lindsey to sleep while he played this song over and over for her. We certainly believe that she's as beautiful as an angel.

Austin's song is new and I just discovered it. "In My Arms" is perfect for him because he is my cuddler. At 7 months old, he still will mold his little body into my chest and rest his head in the crook of my neck and I LOVE it!!!! The first line describes, "Your baby blues . . . " and Austin is my only child to have my blue eyes. I have to laugh at the line "safe, in my arms." So many times I have to come to his rescue from his older siblings.

I'm not very talented musically, but I love music. One reason . . . it triggers my memory.

5 comments:

Haylee said...

That is so sweet! I LOVE this idea... and it is funny because I actually have a song for Jackson too. It's Rascal Flatts "My Wish" It was on in the car when I was pregnant and I just started crying thinking about being a mom and just wanting the best for my child in all stages of his life. (Of course I cryed since I was pregnant!) :) But since then I hear it and think my my Jack Man!
You have great song picked out for each of them, you are such a good mom!

Stephanie said...

What a great idea!! All the songs are perfect for each one!!

Sarah Lee said...

I love that idea. I am going to have to think about that. My kids would love to know that they have their own song.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

What a neat idea! How fun to have a little song for each of your kiddos. I love that you added them to your blog too. It is so sweet. I'm sure those songs will always be special to your kids as they grow up.

Tyler & Michelle said...

What a cute post!