You may be wondering where I've been and the truth is we have been fighting a long drawn out battle against Rotavirus. This is a mean and nasty competitor and it hits below the belt (literally). I believe I've had every fluid that can come out of a child's body (north and south) on me at some point in the last two weeks. He took us down but not out.
We had some worrisome moments when Lindsey had to be admitted to the hospital for dehydration. Things became worse when no one could get an i.v. going and she was transferred to Arkansas Children's where they were still not able to insert an i.v. Thankfully she began keeping Pedialyte down with the threat that if she didn't, she would have a tube inserted through the nose to go into her stomach-whew! After a 24 hour stay we were able to go home. I hated seeing her getting poked so many times and also so sick. But I was comforted by the blessing she received and knew she would be just fine. I was so grateful that dehydration was all we were there for. I know that there are some very sick children in that hospital that were in a lot worse shape than Lindsey. I pray for those kids and their parents.
We were home a little over three hours and Gavin emptied everything he had in his stomach which I believe was about two days worth all over his bedroom floor. When you are a family, you share everything! The next day Ethan was struck by this horrible thing, although it took him about a day to admit it. AND we found ourselves back at the doctor's with Lindsey to learn she had an ear infection. Upper respiratory infections are associated with Rotovirus and FYI-I learned that about 100% of children get this at some point--yayyyyy! Soooooo, Rob and I contract the "upper respiratory" (a cold and cough) part of the virus--thank goodness that was it. Austin had a little trouble down South, but got over it in about a day.
So, I can say we have conquered Rotavirus.




5 comments:
I'm so sorry you had to deal with the ugly Rotavirus. We've been down that track too and it is NOT fun. I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Love the school pictures. You have a darling family. Tell Rob hello and have him give you a hug for me. I'm so glad to have you back in the blog world.
So sorry you all have had the nasties but LOVE the sick pictures. I think that is the ONLY time I see your boys not moving.
I was wondering where you were. I'm so sorry you were sick. We know what it is like to have the whole family sick. (No fun) I'm glad that you guys are feeling better.
Oh my gosh, where was your Mother during all of this??? I'm so glad they are feeling better, I 've been so worried. It reminds of some other little kids that ended up in the hospital. I'm glad you are all feeling better, stay healthy....it's summer time for crying out loud.
Wow Jenn that sounds like a horrible deal at your house. I am sorry that everyone was so sick, but I'm glad that you have gotten over it. The sick pictures really are cute! :)
Post a Comment