. . . still haven't found the camera.
There are those moments in parents' lives when they truely realize how imperfect they are. Let me relate one such moment I had today. We have been on Gavin's case for a good couple of months to try to find his Nintendo DS that he got for Christmas this past year. "You need to be responsible for your things," is what we have said over and over again. I was beginning to realize this thing could have been left anywhere and the possibility of it turning up was decreasing.
While I was doing the dishes this morning, I was thinking, 'cause that's what I do when I do the dishes, about the DS. Then I remembered that this thing was used for leverage and when Gavin misbehaved it was taken away. "I wonder if Rob or I put it somewhere as a punishment and forgot about it," I thought. So on a hunch I drug a chair over to the armoire in our living room. Standing on the chair, I looked up and over the top of this piece of furniture and found myself staring at a dusty, black Nintendo DS! We don't even remember who delivered this punishment or what the punishment was for. Needless to say, boy and his personal video game system are reunited--and yes a few hours later, I threatened to take it away again.
Wouldn't we all be wrecks if we couldn't laugh at ourselves? I appreciate the saying that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously. . . . and thank goodness for forgiving children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
haha that is too funny. THanks for the laugh!
I am glad you shared that. It is so nice to know that I am not the only forgetful mother in the world. I enjoyed the WW meeting. Thanks for letting me know about it. I am all gung ho again, and hopefully I can finish droping this weight.
I can SO relate. Ouch. Glad you found the durn thing. :) The camera isn't on the armoire, is it? ha. Hope you find it!!! Did you get any pictures of Ethan on Sunday?
P.S. BTW, I love your blog!
Ummm, yep I think that I have done the same thing only it was a pink DS and it was in my dresser! Great minds think alike :)
Ummm...I've done the same thing except its forgetting about the kid in time out and poor thing has to serve more time b/c of me! Hope you find your camera soon!
Umm I think I can top that...I left my child at the lake in Dallas. Luckily we did not get to far down the road.
Yap, it is good that we can laugh at ourselves.
Post a Comment