. . . . um I mean "Baseball Mom"
I have so much I could write about to catch up from the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping to FIND my CAMERA! Yes, that's right . . . can't find it right now. I have a feeling the almost 2 yr. old in my house found a new place for it and didn't tell me. Today's blog will be sans pictures.
A little over a week ago Gavin had his very last baseball game of the season. His team played the first place team who had only lost one game the whole season. Our team played fantastic and took the lead! Gavin made a great stop threw to first to his buddy Gage and got a final out to win the game. Not only was I celebrating the great win, but enjoying the idea that sports would be over for awhile and we could enjoy summer evenings at home or at the pool without having to be somewhere . . . aaaaaaahhhhhh! HOLD UP . . . . a man sought me out in the middle of this thought at the baseball park and informed me that Gavin made the All Star team.
"Uh, okay, how much longer do we go?"
"Until mid July."
"When do we practice?"
"Everday."
(Cough, choke)"We'll have to get back to you on that."
After much reluctance on my part, Rob told the coach he'd play. (ha ha ha) So every night you will find the little Glasgow family with their double stroller, dirt and sweat stained faces over at Ashley field for 2 or more hours supporting our Gavin. He is having a lot of fun so far and I think he sure looks cute out there.
Ethan is Gavin's biggest fan, though. Gavin is so lucky to have him as an older brother. You will usually find Ethan at Gavin's games with his nosed pressed against the fence cheering.
The State Tournamen for tee-ball starts on Friday. Go Bryant!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
haha that is too funny... guess you'll really have to wait till the end of July to celebrate in all the glory. Congrats to Gavin though, he sounds like a great little player.
Congratulations Gavin! That's awesome.
Jen, you are such a sport. It's hard on the Mom to do all that driving and lugging the kids around. Maybe you could work out a car pool. Its hard having such talented kids, huh :)
You are a good mom. Good luck with all that ball. I am so excited to get to know you better.
Go Gav!! We are so glad we could come visit this weekend and get to see Gavin play ball. We had a TON of fun!! I didn't even mind all the dirty clothes, toes, and faces I had to wash later. Good ol' summer days at the ball field. Good times.
Post a Comment