Saturday, May 17, 2008

Vitamins

One of my fears about blogging is that one of my former English teachers, high school or college, will come across my blog. Writing was never my best subject and I feel as if I have each of them sitting on my shoulder every time I post.

Anywho . . . .here's a cute story about "vitamins."

Just before we walked out the door to drop the kids off at the neighbors and enjoy a nice dinner alone, Ethan and Gavin ran into the kitchen shouting, "Mom! You forgot to take your vitamin today!" In their hands was this month's packet of my "Pills." (as in the Pill, yes with a capital P) And sure enough on the column that was labeled Friday, there was still a pill in its place. I keep my packet right behind my bathroom sink faucet where I will see it every night. They instructed me that I needed to take it, right then and there. And so I did. I appreciate my sons making sure that I get all the nutrients that I need. Even better, Gavin asked if he could have one. He quickly dropped that idea when I informed him that these vitamins were only for girls and that he might turn into one. Later that night I joked with myself that they were little "reminders" on so many levels!

Joking aside, Mother's Day has recently come and gone, and what a celebration it is for me personally! It was a great day of reflection on the five most wonderful blessings I have been given in my life (my husband and 4 adorable kids). I celebrate the fact that I get to perform all of those job titles that fall under the ultimate title of "Mother."

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You boys always have their A-game on! Love that they are watching out for their mom.

Stephanie said...

My blog is REALLY a teachers nightmare. I'm just happy to be getting things down "in writing". I don't and I'm sure you to, don't have time to worry about grammer.

Diane said...

Jenn that is hilarious. What a cute story to share with your boys when they get older. Do you think they will blush?????