This may be a pretty lame post but I have to put a plug in for what is now my favorite place to buy shoes . . . and you don't have to leave your house!
On a recommendation from my sister, I shopped at Zappos.com for a shoe purchase as a gift to my husband for Christmas. (Do I need to describe how painful it is taking Lindsey and Austin shopping for anything?) My experience was first rate and because I had used my Pay Pal account, I received next day shipping for free.
When it came time for Ethan to get a new pair of shoes, I decided to be a repeat customer. I browsed through a selection of shoes in his size, and my price range, picked out the ones I approved of and saved them to My Favorites list on the website, and let him choose which ones he liked best out of that list. I placed my order and just for being a repeat customer I again received next day shipping at no cost. They arrived the next day before Ethan got home from school.
A week later Ethan complained that the sole of his tennis (they are running type shoes to be exact) came unglued on a small corner. I didn't want to hassle with sending them back for such a small defect that really wasn't a big deal, so I took them to a shoe repair where they tried to glue it back using their own shoe glue. Ethan wore the shoes for one more day and the process had not been effective, so I decided I would attempt to return them.
I called Zappos' 1-800 number today and a cheerful customer service representative responded on the other end. I explained the situation and she was concerned that since I had already "altered" the shoe by taking them to a shoe repair that I would not be able to return them. She checked with her manager and they agreed to give me a "courtesy" exchange and that next time I should just call them first. All I wanted was an exchange for the same shoe. She then e-mailed me the return shipping label while still on the phone, which I was to just print and tape to the box I was returning the shoes in, at no cost to me. THEN she said I would be getting my new shoes the NEXT DAY! All I needed to do was ship the defective shoes within 14 days. The process couldn't have been easier! I related to her how satisified and impressed with Zappos.com and she then invited me to VIP status as a customer with them. This allows me to continued Next Day Shipping at no cost!
I have not tried the VIP website yet, but I have four kids, and I'm a runner. I'll NEED shoes all of the time.
I'm impressed with this company's top notch customer service at a time when customer service is falling behind at so many retailers. I recommend this website to anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Okay, that is the best post ever!! I think you forgot to say that you put on your account your sister is Kim and since they know her by name there, they give her family top rate customer service. I heart zappos. And ps - YOU were the one to puke on me. Was it that bad that you had to delete that memory from your brain.
My brother and his wife LOVE Zappos too. Though they say that if you don't click any option on the shipping it is always overnight for free, you just can't click any options. :) Cool. Now I need to check them out.
Geese Jenn I wonder if you could do a commercial for Zappos? I just may have to give them a try.
I remember the night that the puke story took place or should I say nights....if I remember right Steph didn't you get her back???? On both occasions though it was such a distressed call that I thought the house was burning down.
I seriously don't think anything could compare to this past Christmas.
The shoes DID arrive the very next day!
I Love them too:) They do have THE BEST service:)
Amanda (Pierce) Whitley
Good to know! I'm in the market for new cross-trainers right now. (And having all boys - oi! - they ALWAYS need new shoes, it seems like!)
I loooove Zappos!
Post a Comment