Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday

I'm sad today. Maybe it is Seasonal Affective Disorder, or not. We have gotten a few inches of rain today that has now turned into icicles on everything. But I think the REAL reason is that I'm taking my Christmas down. I've been listening to Celine Dion all afternoon (except for when the power went out due to the ice). Usually I'm a little more enthusiastic about taking it all down because I can start cleaning and removing clutter that builds up over the holidays. But today this just means one more year has flown by at warp speed. I signed guardianship of Ethan and Gavin back over to the school (that's what it feels like sometimes). We had such a fun time over the break, even though it was filled with vomit and fatigue.

It is somewhat sacreligious that I take my Christmas down today of all days. You see, it is my sister Stephanie's (Mrs. Christmas-what we like to call her) birthday. She is 29, so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her and I hope she enjoys her last year in her twenties. Next year, I'll try not to take my tree down on your birthday Steph. (I can hear here saying, "Serves you right, Jenn.") Love you, Steph.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I am hating today too. Lets go to the Caribbean?

Stephanie said...

Thanks Jenn for the bday wish!! I'm sorry you are so sad today BUT totally understand. It usually takes me the month of Jan to get over my depression of no more christmas for another year.

Stephanie said...

Thanks Jenn for the bday wish!! I'm sorry you are so sad today BUT totally understand. It usually takes me the month of Jan to get over my depression of no more christmas for another year.

Diane said...

Gosh Steph must be 29 she wrote her comment twice!

I know how you feel Jenn, January is a hard month...I think the sun needs to come out tomorrow or maybe the pottery barn magazine gets here soon.

We had ice as well.
Hugs

Tyler & Michelle said...

I hate taking Christmas down too. I always get sad. It's a reminder that the holidays are over and you don't know when you will get to see family again.

It was good seeing you!

Love you!